Friends of Monument Preserve is scheduled to hold out first Trail Day for 2008 tomorrow Tuesday may 13 at 6pm at the main trailhead at the corner of Mt. Herman Rd and Nursery Rd. Weather permitting (and it seems unlike at this very moment) we will have 3 activities:
1. Trail Work
2. Tree Planting – we need 6 or so volunteers to help Dianne trim back some scrub oak from some evergreens that are struggling to grow.
3. Board Meeting at 8:45 in the classroom facility after thse – it will be short and sweet. I promise – I’ll put jon in charge so we get it over with ASAP.
Both groups will meet at the parking lot at 6pm and depart from there. FOMP will supply all tools and supplies all you need to do is dress appropriately, bring gloves, water, and eye protection (sunglasses or similar). If you are going to trim scrub oak we recommend long sleeves regardless of the weather.
Here is PLAN B if the weather is bad:
1. I will make the call at 5:15 PM and post work session cancellations on the web site right on the front page at http://www.fomp.org
2. If it is raining or if I can see snow accumulated at all on my grass here in Shiloh Pines across the street from the parking lot we will cancel.
3. If we cancel the board meeting will still be held but at 7pm
4. If we cancel we will reschedule for next Tuesday at 6pm – if Diane can not do her planned tree work at that time we will send out a separate notice
Thanks and sorry for all of the confusion!
If you need directions or have questions, give me a call
719.439.8865 – mobile