FOMP needs you for this trail work session!
Tuesday, September 14th at 6:00 PM
FOMP is pleased to be holding one of our monthly volunteer trail work maintenance sessions for 2021. We’ll be under COVID-19 protocols, including social distancing, smaller groups, and facial coverings. If you are sick, please stay at home.
Special COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- We will distribute Self-Screen and Risk Assessment documents to all volunteers, prior to beginning any work
- FOMP and other trained resources will provide safety briefing on trail work practices, and new COVID-19 related distancing guidelines
- Workgroups will be limited to 5 or fewer people, with multiple groups deployed to separate work areas
- Volunteers will follow measures highlighted in the Risk Assessment to including following all Local, State, and CDC guidelines for small group sizes (5 or fewer per workgroup), maintaining enhanced distancing guidelines of 10 feet, wearing a facial covering, and avoiding carpooling with nonfamily members
Please meet at the main parking lot at Mt Herman and Nursery https://goo.gl/maps/rdJuhbbQWEx
Check the website too! https://www.fomp.org
The rest of the info you need: FOMP and USFS provide all the necessary tools. Volunteers should wear appropriate clothing for performing outdoor landscaping type of work. Volunteers should wear long pants and sturdy shoes, and bring leather gloves, a hat, a personal water supply, eye protection, sunscreen, and bug repellent. We meet rain or shine unless there is lightning active in the area.
We make every effort to accommodate volunteer preferences and abilities at each event. Generally, we perform activities such as water bar building or renovation, trail renovation, maintenance, and trimming, etc. So, pretty much everything from trimming back scrub oak or digging lots of dirt to moving boulders. We assign duties based on interests and capabilities. Kids are welcome to join their parents; however, we do ask that you evaluate whether this is an appropriate activity for your child or not.
Be aware all participants will need to sign a waiver before than can begin any trail work.
Thanks, and we hope to see you out there!
This is the upcoming list of FOMP events through the end of the year. Please come out for our trail work nights and help maintain the trails that we all use and love.
October 12, 2021
- FOMP Trail Night
- Starts: 6:00 PM
- Ends: 9:00 PM or until dark
- Location: Mt Herman Trailhead Parking lot – Corner of Mt Herman/Nursery