Feb 2019 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes. (click to expand)
Friends of the Monument Preserve
February 12, 2019
- Karen Jensen was elected as treasurer, and Carissa Gallardo was elected as secretary. The vote was unanimous.
- FOMP will sell or give them away to volunteers on Trail Night.
- Bill Normile met with Randy Phillips: The North trails are now closed, re-routes in the Spring.
- The MOU was signed last April—Normile will check for any expiration date.
- MOU provides liability coverage in case of a volunteer accident.
- Bill Normile attended a meeting regarding shooting on Forest property. They are trying to create areas for shooting. FOMP needs a representative to attend these meetings. John Nordby will attend these meetings.
- Bill Benson has resigned as Vice President. Brian Mullin was nominated, and the election will be held in March.
- Herman Spielkamp will work with the 4H club to clean birdhouses. The Board unanimously approved $250 for materials.
- Jensen will be given the records as soon as Bill Normile recovers them from the past treasurer.
- January 7, 2019 minutes approved as submitted.
- We need to identify trail focus for summer.
- A calendar needs to be available by March.
- Jon Nordby will meet after the Board meeting for trail work planning.
- We also need some Saturdays planned (2-4 Saturdays)
Update next month
- Trail names.
- Trail markers.
- Do we want to put a QR code for Trailforks?
- Dog waste.
- FOMP policy is no leashes on dogs.
- President recommends that Steve Pate talks with Carissa regarding the Friends of Palmer Lake interface.
- Brian Mullin
- Bill Normile
- Jon Nordby
- Jeff Light
- Art Fuellenbach
- Karen Jensen
- Marianne LaRivee
- Lynda Pate
- Steve Pate
- Larry Post (CMC)
- Wendy Anderson
- Hermann Spielkamp
- Nancy Spielkamp